


The past week has not been the most exciting time of our travels, but we are getting a lot of work done, I on the main building and Rosie in the kitchen. Things are going well.
On Saturday evening we decided to drive over Hatcher Pass, a rugged trail that just opened for the season a few weeks ago. The camp is on Hatcher Pass Road so it wasn’t far to get to it. Snow was still on the sides of the road at the summit, about 3,800 feet elevation. The view of the mountains and the deep valleys was beautiful. We got home about 11 pm and really didn’t need headlights to drive. Weird!
On Sunday we went to church and dinner with a couple that we worked with in the late sixties. Both the husband and wife were missionaries in Korea for about ten years, actually she grew up as an MK (missionary kid) in Korea long before it became a dynamic and prosperous country. We had fun with Stu and Linda recalling the times overseas and the intervening years (about 30) since we have seen them last.
Last evening after dinner we went canoeing on the lake here at camp. The lake was calm and the sun was shining brightly; it was a great evening to paddle around the meandering lake and island in the middle. Several pairs of swifts dive-bombed around us making it obvious that they were not pleased that we came so close to their nesting grounds. Since we have come into some sunny and warm days we need to get on the lake again.
Rosie comes into the kitchen at about 7 or 7:30 to help with breakfast; I get up about that time, but there is no hurry since breakfast isn’t until 9. Sometimes I do a bit of prep-for-the-day work before breakfast. Rosie usually helps with lunch, has some free time and then helps with dinner. I work until about 5 or 5:30; supper is at 6. The evening is long after that; you don’t have to hurry to get anything done before dark and you can’t judge bedtime by darkness!
Thanks again to those who have responded with comments or emails. We enjoy hearing from you. Our address is abner_bauman@wowway.com
Hope things are going well with you.
Abner and Rosie
4 comments:
Hi, Rosie and Abner,
We are all impressed by these beautiful pictures and the blog you are making. when I get time, I translate some parts to my parents. For the rest, my dad uses his dictionary to read. They enjoy it. Please upload more for us.
Anning
Good to hear you are both keeping busy. Judging by the sweatshirt in the photo and the comment about warmer weather, you are evidently not enjoying the kind of July weather that we are having, but for working it's probably just fine for you. I printed all of the blog pages to last week and took them for mom to read and pass on to Irene. I'm enjoying the updates and beatiful photos.
Leona
Here are some links that I believe will be interested
This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»
Post a Comment