



Hi friends:
If you read the earlier blog before this one you will see that I may have been a bit mixed up in my days. We left Dawson Creek on Thursday morning and drove almost 480 miles; that was yesterday. We have only had one overnight on the Alaska Hwy; that was the night by the hot springs. Today we traveled abut 400 miles and are now in Whitehorse, Yukon. We have checked in in here for two nights; tomorrow, Saturday, we will make a side trip to Skagway, a port city where the cruise ships come in. We will never be any closer than we are now and we have a day to spare since we made such good time.
The roads have been very good, some rough spots, a few places where it was mostly hard gravel. We have seen lots of beautiful scenery. We have had no problems at all; everything is working well and we can pretty much keep up to the speed limit of 100 kph (62.275 mph). Down some steep valleys we let it roll a bit faster to make it up the next hill!
Also, in the previous blog I asked if the photos came through; well, I know they didn't because I goofed on something and they didn't go. I am going to try it again. This is the first attempt at sending photos so I have to figure out how to do it properly. I will be glad to hear if they go through.
Abner and Rosie
3 comments:
What beautiful country! Thanks for keeping us informed about your trip, very interesting. Keep safe and take lots of pictures:)
Mike and Karen
Yip! The pictures came through very nicely. This adds a great touch for us midwesterners to see some great scenery.
The Bakers
Thanks for the great pix and very interesting commentary. A the travail of travel.
Dale H.
Post a Comment